Welcome to my blog,
Here you can find pictures and news of among others births, christenings, engagements, weddings and holidays.
HQ Pictures Last update: 7 March 2014
Current Royal Pregnancies Last update: 7 March 2014
Current Royal Engagements Last update: 7 March 2014
Royal Births - 2002 till 2013 Last update: 7 March 2014
Royal Deaths - 2002 till 2013 Last update: 7 March 2014
Royal Weddings - 2002 till 2013 Last update: 7 March 2014
Extended Ruling Royal families of Europe Last update: 7 March 2014
Other extended ruling families WORK IN PROGRESS, Last update: 7 March 2014
Other extended non-ruling families WORK IN PROGRESS, Last update: 7 March 2014
You can follow me on twitter:
Please have fun and come back soon.
My Dutch blog: Gekroonde Hoofden
My Message Board: Royals Message Board (Currently off-line)
Looking Forward to a Royal 2013
This post is about what news can we look forward to, Royalty wise that is, in 2013?
First, the already announced Royal births.
2013 is a year in which several Royal couples are becoming first-time parents. Andrea Casiraghi [the oldest son of HRH the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess Caroline of Monaco] and his fiancée, Tatiana Santo Domingo, are expecting their first child in January 2013. TIRH The Prince and Princess of Prussia are expecting their first child in the spring of 2013. TRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their first child in the summer of 2013. HRH Princess Felipa of Bavaria and Christian Dienst are expecting their first child in April 2013, TSH Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg are expecting their first child and TRH Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orléans-Bragança are expecting their first child. TSH Prince Felix and Princess Christina of Hohenlohe-Bartenstein are expecting their first child and HIH Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville are expecting their second child. A sibling for Elvira.
Then, the already announced Royal engagement/ weddings.
Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo will marry after the birth of their child in 2013. HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, will marry Christopher O’Neill on 8 June. Although an date has not been announced, it is expected that the wedding of HRH Prince Félix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher will take place in 2013. another expected wedding, but with no date announced is the wedding of HRH Prince Léka of Albania and Elia Zaharia.
Then, the Royal jubilees.
85th birthday of HM Queen Fabiola of Belgium on 11 June.
80th birthday of HRH Katharine, the Duchess of Kent, Princess Edward, on 22 February.
80th birthday of HRH the Margrave of Baden, Prince Maximilian, on 3 July.
80th birthday of HIM Emperor Akihito of Japan on 23 December.
75th birthday of HM King Juan Carlos of Spain on 5 January.
75th birthday of HRH Infante Carlos of Spain, Duke of Calabria, Prince of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, on 16 January.
75th birthday of HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands on 31 January.
75th birthday of HRH the Countess of Paris, Princess Micaëla of Orléans, on 30 April.
75th birthday of Princess Désirée of Sweden, Baroness Silfverschiöld, on 2 June.
75th birthday of HM Queen Sofia of Spain, Princess of Greece and Denmark, on 2 November.
70th birthday of HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands on 19 January.
70th birthday of HM Queen Silvia of Sweden on 23 December.
50th birthday of HRH the Duke of Castro, Prince Carlo of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, on 24 February.
50th birthday of HRH Prince Sergius and HRH Princess Helene of Serbia on 12 March.
50th birthday of HRH Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg on 1 May.
50th birthday HM King Mohammed of Morocco on 21 August.
50th birthday HRH Prince Laurent of Belgium on 19 October.
50th birthday HIH Crown Princess Masako of Japan on 9 December.
45th birthday of HRH the Prince of Asturias, Prince Felipe of Spain, on 30 January.
45th birthday of HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark on 26 May.
40th anniversary of HM King Carl Gustaf of Sweden on the Swedish Throne on 15 September 2013.
40th birthday of HRH the Duchess of Brabant, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, on 20 January.
40th birthday of HRH the Duke of Anjou, Prince Charles-Philippe of Orléans, on 3 March.
40th birthday of HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway on 20 July.
40th birthday of HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway on 19 August.
40th birthday of HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden on 15 September.
35th birthday of HIRH Princess Sophie of Prussia, Princess of Isenburg, on 7 March.
35th birthday of HRH Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco on 10 May.
35th birthday of HRH the Duchess of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval, Princess Diana of Orléans, on 25 July.
30th birthday of HRH Princess Iman bint Al Hussein of Jordan on 24 April.
25th birthday of HRH Princess Beatrice of York on 8 August.
25th birthday of HIRH Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, on 26 August.
20th wedding anniversary of TIRH Archduke Karl and Archduchess Francesca of Austria, Freiin Thyssen-Bornemisza, on 31 January.
20th wedding anniversary of HSH Hereditary Prince Alois and HRH Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein, Princess of Bavaria, Duchess in Bavaria, on 3 July.
20th anniversary of HM King Albert of the Belgians on the Belgian Throne on 9 August.
18th birthday of HSH Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein on 24 May.
18th birthday of HIRH Princess Luisa of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, on 11 October.
15th wedding anniversary of TH Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, on 29 May (civil) and 30 May. (Religious)
10th wedding anniversary of HRH Prince Laurent of Belgium and Claire Coombs on 12 April.
10th wedding anniversary of HRH Hereditary Prince Donatus of Hesse and Countess Floria of Faber-Castell on 25 April.
10th wedding anniversary of HRH Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma and HRH Princess Maria Pia of Savoy in May.
10th wedding anniversary of HSH Hereditary Prince Heinrich of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Donna Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta on 21 June.
10th wedding anniversary of HSH Hereditary Prince Carl of Wrede and Countess Katalin Bethlen de Bethlen on 12 July.
10th wedding anniversary of HRH Duchess Fleur of Württemberg and Count Moritz von Goëss on 9 August.
10th wedding anniversary of HSH Hereditary Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Saskia Binder on 13 september.
10th wedding anniversary of HRH the Prince of Venice and Piedmonte and Clotilde Courau on 25 September 25.
10th wedding anniversary of HRH Princess Victoria of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and Markos Nomikos on 27 september.
5th wedding anniversary of HRH Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma and Tjalling ten Cate on 3 May.
5th wedding anniversary of Peter and Autumn Phillips on 17 May.
5th wedding anniversary of TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark on 24 May.
2013 also brings us several Royal 5th birthdays. To name a few:
- 11 February: HH Princess Milena of Montenegro, first child of TRH Hereditary Prince Boris and Hereditary Princess Véronique of Montenegro.
- 15 February: HIRH Archduke Emmanuel of Austria, second child and second son of HIRH Archduke Martin of Austria and his wife, née HSH Princess Katharina of Isenburg-Birstein.
- 12 March: Benjamin van Vollenhoven, third child and second son of TH Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.
- 14 March: HH Prince Azlan Muzaffar of Perak, first child of TH Crown Prince Nazrin and Princess Zara of Perak.
- 16 April: HRH Princess Eléonore of Belgium, fourth child and second daughter of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.
- 18 May: HSH Prince Benedikt of Liechtenstein, third child and second son of TSH Prince Constantin and Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, née Countess Kálnoky de Köröspatak.
- 29 June: HRH Prince Prins Aristidis Stavros of Greece and Denmark, fifth child and fourth son of TRH Crown Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece.
- 4 July 2008: HRH Princess Rayet al Noor bint Hashim of Jordan, second child and second daughter of TRH Prince Hashim bin Al Hussein and Princess Fahdah Hashim of Jordan.
- 3 September: Julia ten Cate, first child of HRH Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma and Tjalling ten Cate.
- 19 November: Pieter van Vollenhoven, second child and first son of TH Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.
- 24 December: HSH Prince Jonathan of Bentheim and Steinfurt, first child of TSH Hereditary Prince Carl Ferdinand and Hereditary Princess Elna-Margret of Bentheim and Steinfurt.
2013 also brings us several Royal 10th birthdays. To name a few:
- 27 March: HSH Prince Moritz of Bentheim-Tecklenburg, first child of Hereditary Prince Maximilian and Hereditary Princess Marissa of Bentheim-Tecklenburg.
- 23 April: HIRH Princess Laetitia of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, fifth child and third daughter of TIRH Princess Astrid of Belgium and Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este.
- 8 May: HRH Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco, first child of HM King Mohammed and HRH Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco.
- 15 May: Ana-María Morales, second child and second daughter of HRH Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark and Carlos Morales.
- 29 April: Maud Angelica Behn, first daughter of Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn
- 20 August: HRH Prince Gabriel of Belgium, second child and first son of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.
- 7 December: HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, first daughter of TRH the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands.
- 3 November: Lady Louise Windsor, first child of TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
- 29 December: HRH Princess Vittoria of Savoy, first child of TRH the Prince and Princess of Venice and Piedmonte.
Finally, 2013 brings us several first birthdays, i.e:
- January 6: HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Mohammed of Dubai, first son and second child together of HH the Emir of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan.
- January 24: HH Princess Athena of Denmark, second child together and first daughter of TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark.
- January 28: HRH Princess Antoinette of Oreans, second child and first daughter of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme.
- February 22: HRH Princess Isabelle of Orléans, first child of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Anjou and the Duke Consort and Duchess of Cadaval.
- February 23: HRH Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland, first child of TRH Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden.
- March 29: Isla Phillips, second child and second daughter of Peter and Autumn Phillips.
- 9 May: HRH Princess Luisa of Bourbon-Parma, first child of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Parma.
- May 20: HH Sheikh Rashed Bin Saeed bin Dalmouk bin Juma Al Maktoum of Dubai, the second child and first son of TH Sheikh Saeed bin Dalouk bin Juma Al Maktoum and Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammd bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai.
- 6 June: HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Nasser and HH Sheikh Hammad bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain, second and third child and first and second son of TH Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa and Sheikha Sheikha bint Mohammed al Maktoum of Bahrain, Sheikha of Dubai.
- August 24: HH Prince August of Hesse, third child and second son of TRH Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus and Hereditary Princess Floria-Franziska of Hesse, Countess of Faber-Castell.
- September 29: HE Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Abdullah bin Khalifa Al-Thani of Qatar, second child and first son together of TH the Crown Prince of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Sheiha, and Sheikha Al-Anoud bint Al Maha Hajir of Qatar.
- November 3: HRH Princess Zein bint Hamzah of Jordan, first child together of TRH Prince Hamzah bin Hussein and Princess Basmah Hamzah of Jordan.
- November 20: HSH Prince Vincenz of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, first child of TSH Prince Ludwig and Princess Philippa of of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, Countess Spannocchi.
- November 23: HSH Prince Alexander of Fürstenberg, second child and second son of TSH Prince Antonius and Princess Mathilde of Fürstenberg, Countess Borromeo.
- December 14: HRH Princess Isabella of Savoy-Aosta, third child and first daughter of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Apulia, Princess of Greece.
And who knows, what other Royal events 2013 will give us.Let me know what Royal event you are most looking forward to by commenting on this post.