Welcome to my blog,
Here you can find pictures and news of among others births, christenings, engagements, weddings and holidays.
HQ Pictures Last update: 7 March 2014
Current Royal Pregnancies Last update: 7 March 2014
Current Royal Engagements Last update: 7 March 2014
Royal Births - 2002 till 2013 Last update: 7 March 2014
Royal Deaths - 2002 till 2013 Last update: 7 March 2014
Royal Weddings - 2002 till 2013 Last update: 7 March 2014
Extended Ruling Royal families of Europe Last update: 7 March 2014
Other extended ruling families WORK IN PROGRESS, Last update: 7 March 2014
Other extended non-ruling families WORK IN PROGRESS, Last update: 7 March 2014
You can follow me on twitter:
Please have fun and come back soon.
My Dutch blog: Gekroonde Hoofden
My Message Board: Royals Message Board (Currently off-line)
HRH Young Crown Prince Hridayendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev of Nepal, the only son of TRH Crown Prince Paras and Crown Princess Himani, née Princess of Sikar, celebrates his 10th birthday today, July 30. The Prince joined older sister HRH Princess Purnika. In 2003, another daughter was born to the Crown Prince Coupe, HRH Princess Kritika.
The Nepalese government abolished the monarchy on 28 May 2008. Later that year, the Crown Princely family moved to Singapore.
TSH Prince Hans Adam II and Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, née Countess Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau, are celebrating their sapphire wedding anniversary (aka 45 years) today, 30 July 2012. The couple now has 3 sons and 1 daughter, and 9 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. (See below)
Prince Hans Adam was born on 14 February 1945 as the 1st child of TSH Prince Franz Joseph II and Princess Gina, née Countess of Wilczek. The Prince was later joined by younger brothers HSH Prince Philipp, HSH Prince Nikolaus and HSH Prince Franz Josef, and younger sister, HSH Princess Nora.
Princess Marie was born on 14 April 1940 as the 4th child of Count Ferdinand and Countess Henriette Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau, née Countess of Ledebur-Wicheln. She joined older siblings Count Ferdinand, Countess Aleonore and Count Johannes Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau. She was later joined by 3 more siblings, Countess Aglaë, Countess Elisabeth and Count Carl Christian Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau.
HSH Sovereign Prince Hans-Adam II and HSH Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, Countess of Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau, have 3 sons and 1 daughter.
* HSH Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg, who is married to HRH Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein, née HRH Princess Sophie of Bavaria, Duchess in Bavaria. They have 3 sons and 1 daughter.
** HSH Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg.
** HSH Princess Marie Caroline of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg.
** HSH Prince Georg of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg.
** HSH Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg.
* HSH Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg, who is married to HSH Princess Angela of Liechtenstein, born Angele Gisela Brown. They have 1 son.
** HSH Prince Alfons of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg.
* HSH Prince Constantin of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg, who is married to HSH Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, née Countess Kálnoky de Köröspatak. They have 2 sons and 1 daughter.
** HSH Prince Moritz of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg.
** HSH Princess Georgina of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg.
** HSH Prince Benedikt of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg.
* HSH Princess Tatjana of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg, who is married to Philipp von Lattorff. They have 2 sons and 5 daughters.
** Lukas Maria von Lattorff.
** Elisabeth von Lattorff.
** Marie Theresa von Lattorff.
** Camilla von Lattorff.
** Anna von Lattorff.
** Sophie von Lattorff.
** Maximilian von Lattorf.
HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn of Thailand celebrates his 60th birthday today, 28 July 2012.
The Crown Prince is the second child and only son of TM King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit of Thailand. Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn has an older sister, Princess Ubolratana rajakanya, and 2 younger sisters, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and HRH Princess Chulabhorn Walailak.
HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn of Thailand married first HRH Princess Soamsavali Kitiyakara of Thailand. They have 1 daughter. They are divorced. The Crown Prince then married Mom Sujarinee Mahidol. They have 4 sons and 1 daughter. They are divorced. The Crown Prince married thirdly, HRH Princess Srirasmi of Thailand, née Srirasmi Akharaphongpreecha. They have 1 son.
The children of the Crown Prince are:
~ HRH Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand (From first marriage)
~ HSH Prince Chudhavajra of Thailand (From second marriage)
~ HSH Prince Vajaresra of Thailand. (From second marriage)
~ HSH Prince Chakrivajra3 of Thailand (From second marriage)
~ HSH Prince Vajravira of Thailan (From second marriage)
~ HRH Princess Siriwannawari Nariratana of Thailand (From second marriage)
~ HRH Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti of Thailand (From third marriage)
Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella of Denmark, Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Count Richard and Countess Ingrid of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth visit Legoland
TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark with their 2 oldest children, HRH Prince Christian and HRH Princess Isabella of Denmark, and HSH Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Countess of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, with her children, Count Richard and Countess Ingrid of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, visited Legoland in Billund.
Click HERE to view pictures at Isopix.
TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark and their children, HH Prince Henrik and HH Princess Athena, are on a holiday "Chateau de Cayx" in France.
As mentioned by the Prince in an interview, his children with his former wife, HH Prince Nikolai and HH Prince Felix, also spend part of their holiday with their father, stepmother and halfsiblings in France.
Click HERE to view pictures of Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Athena via Isopix. Prince Henrik didn't join his family, because he was sad his 2 older brothers had to go home to their mother and stepfather.
The Belgian Crown Princely family, TRH the Duke and Duchess of Brabant, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde, and their children, HRH Princess Elisabeth, HRH Prince Gabriel, HRH Prince Emmanuel and HRH Princess Eléonore of Belgium, held a photosession in London, Great-Britain.
The family is in London to attend the 2012 London Summer Olympic games.
Click HERE to view pictures at DayLife.
HRH Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan, née Sarvath Ikramullah, celebrates her 65th birthday today, 24 July 2012.
The parents of the Princess are Mohammed Ikramullah and Begum Shaista Suhrawardy Ikramullah. She has an older brother, Inam, and 2 older sisters Naz and Salma.
The Princess married HRH Prince Hassan bin Talal of Jordan on 28 august 1968. Prince Hassan was the Crown Prince of Jordan from 1965 till 1999, making Princess Sarvath the Crown Princess of Jordan for over 3 decades. Prince Hassan was replaced by his nephew HRH Prince Abdullah bin Al Hussein, now the King of Jordan, as Crown Prince of Jordan only days before his brother, HM King Hussein bin Tallal, died.
Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath have 3 daughters and 1 son.
* HRH Princess Rahma bint El Hassan of Jordan, who is married to Alaa Batayneh. They have 2 children:
** Aysha El Batayneh.
** Arif El Batayneh.
* HRH Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan of Jordan, who was married to Nasser Judeh. They have 4 children. They are divorced.
** Tariq Judey.
** Zein Judey.
** Ali Judeh.
** Sukayna Judeh.
* HRH Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan, who is married to Khaled Edward Blair. They are expecting their first child.
* HRH Prince Rashid bin El Hassan of Jordan, who is married to HRH Princess Zeina Rashid of Jordan, née Zeina Shaban
HH Prince Felix of Denmark, Count of Monpezat, the younger son of HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark and his first wife, née Alexandra Manley, celebrates his 10th birthday today, 22 July. Since the divorce, Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg have joint custody over the Prince and his brother.
The Prince has an older brother, HH Prince Nikolai, a younger half-brother, HH Prince Henrik, and a younger half-sister, HH Princess Athena.
The Prince was born on 22 July 2002. He is the second child of Prince Joachim and then Princess Alexandra and the second grandchild of the HM Queen Margrethe of Denmark and her husband, HRH the Prince-Consort, Prince Henrik. Prince Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian of Denmark was christened on 4 October 2002 with Count Christian Ahlefeldt-Laurvig, Oscar Davidsen Siesbye, Damian Sibley, Martina Bent and Annick Boel as his godparents. Prince Felix attends the Krebs School in Østerbro.
Prince Felix is currently 8th in line of succession to the Danish Trone, after his uncle, his uncles 4 children, his father and his older brother.
Update: Click HERE to view new official pictures of the Prince and his older brother.
A large part of the Danish Royal family has today attended the annual photo shoot at Gråsten Palace. HM Queen Margrethe and HRH Prince-Consort Henrik of Denmark were joined by their oldest son, HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, with his wife HRH Crown Princess Mary and 3 of their 4 children, HRH Prince Christian, HRH Princess Isabella and HRH Prince Vincent of Denmark [HRH Princess Josephine had a slight fever and didn't leave the Palace], and by the Queens sister, HRH Fürstin Benedikte of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Princess of Denmark, and her oldest daughter, HSH Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Countess of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, with her children, Count Richard and Countess Ingrid of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.
Click HERE to view pictures at the official website.
Queen Margrethe, Prince-Consort Henrik and Princess Benedikte have been at the Palace for a bit over a week. (10 July) The Queen and Prince-Consort arrived with the Royal Yacht, Dannebrog, at the Århus Harbor.
All three Royals attended a reception at the Palace on 12 July. (CLICK for pictures)
The Queen and Princess also watched the changing of the guards on 13 July. (CLICK for pictures) The Queen and Prince-Consort, and Countess Gunilla Bernadotte af Wisborg attended the Ring Rider Parade on 15 July. (CLICK for pictures)
The British Royal Court has released the following official statement, related to The Royal Foundation of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Catherine, Princess William of Great-Brittain, and HRH Prince Harry of Wales, on 17 July 2012.
17th July 2012
The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry has changed its name to The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The change of name marks the end of the first full year in operation for the Foundation, which publishes its Financial Statement for the year ended December 2011 today.
The new name recognises the introduction of The Duchess of Cambridge as a Patron. A new website for the Foundation has also been created at www.royalfoundation.com
The accounts show that The Foundation has spent over £1.3m on charitable activity in this inaugural year of grant-making. The £1.3m spent during 2011 included administering The Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund, identifying and distributing donations to 26 charities on behalf of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Other grants have since been made, and there are plans for future grants – through collaborations and other projects – in the foreseeable future.
The accounts show The Foundation is continuing to build a robust long-term funding base to support projects that draw upon the interests of its Patrons. The growth in income raised in the last financial year includes income from activities related to The Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund and the sale of the official Wedding Programme.
The following are projects that The Foundation has supported, and which it continues to support. Not all grants relating to the following projects were made during the 2011 financial year, as some grants have been made subsequently:
Veterans and Military Affairs
- The Foundation has worked in partnership with The Forces in Mind Trust to support the launch of a major new initiative aimed at helping the transition of servicemen and women into civilian life, including those whose injuries or psychological well-being affects their quality of life and that of others around them. As part of this partnership, The Foundation has jointly funded a mentoring project run by SSAFA Forces Help to provide support to assist wounded, injured and sick soldiers leaving the Army Forces.
- The Endeavour Fund was also created by The Foundation to provide opportunities for wounded and injured Servicemen and women to regain their confidence and rebuild their lives through expeditions and sporting challenges as part of their rehabilitation. The Fund – independently managed by an Advisory Board comprising alumni of past endeavours and representatives of organisations including Walking With The Wounded, Row2Recovery and Help for Heroes – will offer seed funding for new endeavours and help emerging initiates with advice, hands on support and mentoring.
- The Foundation made a grant to Walking with The Wounded, to assist the organisation’s future development.
Children and Young People
- The Foundation has administered a grant to The Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge to help preserve a number of open spaces across the country. The Foundation has supported the initiative by covering the costs of permanently protecting the first five sites and as further incentive, the 500th, 1000th, 1500th and 2012th. The Foundation is also funding an online toolkit to help communities protect and maintain their outdoor spaces for future generations.
- The Foundation is working with ARK to build the case for outdoor challenges and experiences as an integral part of both primary and secondary school education.
- Aside from short residential trips for primary and secondary schools, the Foundation is working with Skill Force to develop longer, targeted outdoor challenges for young people who are, or are becoming, disengaged from education. These will be undertaken throughout the school year for smaller groups with the aim of helping participants to regain their confidence and self-esteem, and understand the benefits of re-engaging with their education.
- The Foundation also made a grant in support of UNICEF’s East Africa Appeal following the visit by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to the UNICEF distribution centre in Copenhagen in November 2011.
Conservation and Sustainable Development
- The Foundation will continue to explore the issue of conservation and sustainable development and in particular how it can raise awareness of the need to preserve and protect the world’s vulnerable species for the benefit of current and future generations.
The Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund
- 26 Charities that benefitted from the Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund. These charities were grouped into particular areas: Changing Lives through Arts and Sport; Children Fulfilling Their Potential; Help and Care at Home; Support for Service Personnel and Their Families; and Conservation for Future Generations.
Posted by Josette at 2:04 PM
Labels: Royal family of the United Kingdom of Great-Britain and Northern Ireland, Royal News, The Royal Foundation
HRH Crown Prince Tupouto'a 'Ulukalala of Tonga, Prince Siaosi Manumataongo ʻAlaivahamamaʻo ʻAhoʻeitu Konstantin Tukuʻah, married the Hon Sinaitakala Fakafanua on 12 July 2012.
The bride was escorted to her groom by her oldest brother, the Hon Fatafehi Kinikinilau Lolomana'ia Fakafanua, Lord Fakafanua. The attendants were Ala-ki-Hihifo Fusi Levalasi Luani and Utufia 'i Moana 'o Tupoumoheofo Tuita, Paige Siukaufusi Ramanlala Vallabh was the flowergirl and the Hon Sosaia Lausi'i Ma'afu served as ringbearer.
The couple signed their official marriage registration on 10 July. Present at that ceremony was only the close family of the bride and groom. Tomorrow, there will be a Royal Ball and the festivities will conclude with a Thanksgiving Service and Lunch on Sunday.
The Crown Prince is the eldest son of King Tupou VI and Queen Nanasipau'u Tuku'aho. The new Princess of Tonga is the daughter of HRH Princess ‘Ofeina-‘e he-Langi of Tonga, Dowager Lady Fakafanu, and the late Hon Dr Kinikinilau Tuto’atasi, Lord Fakafanu. The bride was a teacher at the Queen Salote College before giving up her job to marry the Crown Prince.
The Dutch Royal Court has released a new official picture of HH Princess Marilène of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.
Source: RVD/Royal Images; Frank van Beek
Today, 7 July 2012, a photoshoot with TRH the Prince of Orange, Prince Willem-Alexander, and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, and their children, HRH Princess Amalia, HRH Princess Alexia and HRH Princess Ariane of the Netherlands, took place.
The program of the wedding and pré-wedding events of HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie of Lannoy.
Friday, 19 October 2012
11.00 AM till 12.30 PM: Reception with citizens of Luxembourg born on November 11, 1981 or February 18, 1984.
3:30 PM: Civil wedding at the Office of the City of Luxembourg.
7.30 PM: Gala Dinner at the Grand Ducal Palace.
Saturday, 20 October 2012
11:00 AM: Religious wedding at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Luxembourg.
1:00 PM: Reception at the Grand Ducal Palace.
6.00 PM: Musical entertainment in the heart of Down Town Luxembourg City
8.20 PM: Fireworks.
8.45 PM till 0.15 AM: Concert of singer Selah Sue and the group Funky P.
Andrea Casiraghi [the eldest child of HRH the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess Caroline of Monaco, and the late Stephano Casiraghi] and Tatiana Santo Domingo are engaged. The wedding will take place in 2013.
Update: 4 July 2012: The Princess of Hanover has confirmed the engagement.
The Swedish Royal Court has released HQ pictures of the christening of HRH Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland, the daughter of TRH Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duchess and Duke of Västergötland.
Source: Jonas Borg, kungahuset.se
TSH The Prince and Princess of Monaco, Prince Albert and Princess Charlene, are celebrating their first wedding anniversary today (civil wedding) and tomorrow (religious wedding).
To celebrate this, the Princely Court released an official picture of the couple. Click HERE to view that picture at the facebook page of the Court.
A quote from the Prince related to the couples first anniversary:
"We are really happy and I have the feeling that it happened yesterday. I am very proud of what my wife has accomplished this past year, creating Her foundation dedicated to children and sport, and being so involved in her new role in Monaco . She is fulfilling a difficult mission in a perfect way and I thank Her for that".
To view the special related to the wedding of the Prince and Princess of Monaco, visit the CRN special "Wedding Sovereign Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlène Wittstock"
Royal Genealogy events in June 2012.
Royal births and pregnancy announcements
HSH Princess Benigna Reuss and Don Oscar Ascoz y Planes had their first child, Don Jaime María de Ascoz y Reuss, on 1 June. HH Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum of Dubai and his wife, had a son. HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum was born on 4 June. After becoming a grandfather again last month [his daughter and son-in-law, HH Sheikha Hessa and HH Sheikh Saeed bin Dalmouk bin Juma Al Maktoum, had their first son and second child on 20 May. HH Sheikh Rashed joined older sister, HH Sheikha Hind], HH the Emir of Dubai now shares 2 more grandchildren with HM the King of Bahrain. Their children, HRH Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain and HH Sheikha Sheikha Bint Mohammed al Maktoum of Dubai, had twins, their second and third child, both named after a grandfather, HRH Sheikh Mohammed and HRH Sheikh Hamad, on 6 June. They are also parents to a daughter, HRH Sheikha Sheema, who was born in 2010.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- HRH Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan and Khaled Blair. (1st child)
- TSH Prince Christian and Princess Lena of Schaumburg-Lippe (1st child)
- TRH Hereditary Prince Donatus and Hereditary Princess Floria of Hesse, née Countess of Faber-Castell (3rd child)
- TSH Prince Pawel and Princess Eloise Radziwill (4th child)
Royal engagements and weddings
Countess Hemma of Neipperg, the oldest daughter and fourth child HIRH Archduchess Andrea of Austria [herself the oldest child of the late HIRH Archduke Otto of Austria and his late wife, née HH Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen] and Hereditary Count Karl Eugen of Neipperg, married Roman Keno Spech on 2 June. The civil wedding of HSH Prince Christian of Salm-Horstmar and Countess Pilar Pilati von Thassul zu Daxberg took place on 6 June and the wedding of HSH Prince Constantin of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Freiin Alimée-Alexandrine of Gersdorff took place on 8 June. 4 Royal/Princely weddings took place on 16 June. The one of HRH Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma [youngest daughter of HRH the late Duke of Parma and his former wife, HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands] and Albert Brenninkmeijer; the one of HSH Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein and Count Clemens Hoyos; the one of Prince Ghislain de Broglie and Victoire Tetzlaff; and the one of HSH Prince Georg ”Jirí” Lobkowicz and Zdenka Hojková. HSH Princess Livia of Liechtenstein [daughter of HSH Prince Franz Géza and his late wife, née Laura Malvezzi Campeggi] married Richard Turner on 23 June.
HIH Prince Tomohito of Mikasa of Japan died on 6 june, while HRH Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz al Saud of Saudi Arabia died on 16 June. HSH Fürst Heinrich IV Reuss died on 20 June.